Sunday, November 30, 2008

Home for the EARLY holidays







Every weekend after Thanksgiving, we have an EARLY Christmas with my Grandma Helen and Grandpa Richard, who are smarter than the rest of us and head south to Florida for the winter. Come on--look outside at all the snow and say you wouldn't like to do the same! Although the first winter snow is the most beautiful! Anyway, I have been hosting it for the last few times. I enjoyed getting the decorations out, and in the way of being frugal have reused many things from the past few years that I didn't like anymore. My colors are silver and red this year, so I spray painted everything silver and am now reusing it as new pieces! I will take some pics to follow in another post. What a simple can of paint can do! We had a lovely spaghetti dinner-who says it has to be ham. Everyone had a nice time of being together and celebrating and early Christmas. Marin especially had fun being the center of Rachel and Korie's attention, and has been asking for them tonight! I miss my Grandma when she leaves and am glad that we went up last weekend to spend time with her! Love you Gram! I also finally took pics of my 3 loves together, of which the youngest still never smiles!!! Merry Early Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing pictures of everyone! You all look great! I can't wait to come out and visit again.

Les said...

Awww! Wish I could have been there :( Love everyone tons. Can't wait to see your decor makeovers... obviously you are the sister that got that talent- not me!